Improve your ACT score and get into your dream college! Jason Derby was one of the first six people in the country to achieve ACT Certification in all six areas: Basics, English, Math, Reading, Science, and Writing. He offers a comprehensive ACT prep program covering all subjects of the test.
Working with Jason gives your student access to an ACT expect with three key qualities:
1. Content Knowledge - By working with Derby ACT Prep, you won't have to find a qualified tutor to teach the Math and Science section only to find another one for English and Reading. Choosing a tutor with expertise in all areas of the ACT means your child doesn't have to get used to a new teacher, teaching style, curriculum, or anything else. Instead, your son or daughter can simply focus on getting ready for the ACT.
2. ACT-specific strategies and test knowledge - Content knowledge is a prerequisite for quality tutoring. However, it is much more efficient when a tutor has a deep understanding of HOW content will be tested on the ACT. Through his five years of ACT tutoring experience and ACT Certified Educator training, Jason's credentials and testimonials show his extensive ACT-specific knowledge.
3. Teaching ability - The tutor's knowledge doesn't help unless the student actually learns the information. As a current high school teacher, Jason understands the science of teaching and learning. He is a big believer in retrieval practice, a concept that stresses it doesn't matter how many times something is put into a student's head; it matters how many times the student has to pull the information out. This idea informs his curriculum choices, homework assignments, and lines of questioning during tutoring sessions.
- 15 ninety-minute individual sessions (currently done virtually through Zoom)
- 300+ page curriculum
- new copy of The Official ACT Prep Guide 2021-2022
- ACT-specific English flashcards
- ACT-specific Math flashcards
- Watch (permitted for use during the ACT)
We take an in-depth look at every section of the test. This includes learning/relearning subject content as well as test-specific strategies. There is homework assigned between each session. We will take official ACT tests from previous years for practice tests.
Cost: $50/hour ($75/session) + materials cost
Send a message or call Derby ACT Prep today! We'd love to learn more about your child's specific situation and goals!